SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    First Knife of the New Year!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Knife of the New Year! Login/Join 
posted

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Looks like your shop is warmer than mine...... nice blade!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
nice, clean work. what steels do you commonly work with?

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Looks like your shop is warmer than mine...... nice blade!

Actually it gets pretty cold in the shop...I try to keep myself motivated with good music, and my Beagle keeps me company! Big Grin

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
nice, clean work. what steels do you commonly work with?

dozer

Thank you, I started out working with ATS-34 but have grown to like D2 and A2 steels alot. Here lately it has been mostly D2.

Which steels do you prefer to work with?

Matthew Logan

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
W2 and 1095 for carbon steel and AEB-L and CPM154 for stainless. course, i have used many others over the years. these are just my current favorites.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
I love the orange cord on the green camo. Great looking knife.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post