SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    pure all tungsten carbide blades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pure all tungsten carbide blades Login/Join 
posted
If I ever hit the powerball, I am buying one.

http://sandrinknives.com/

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From their site: "sharp and fine enough to perform multiple cuts on even a single red blood cell"

I think I'd have to call BS on that one. If its really true I'll buy one of the knives.........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those are spendy.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Methinks that would be a pain to sharpen.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
How strong are they? Seems like they might be brittle.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
How strong are they? Seems like they might be brittle.

RMD

Seems an edge that thin and a Rockwell at HRC71 yeah.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Nearly brittle as ceramic ... their FAQ pages says that it will chip if "misused" - Confused

Just how is that defined?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Carbide is a great cutting material but it is hard...like glass. Probably not the best knife material other than for a novelty piece.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek And I thought a Sebenza was expensive.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Damn those are some claims! Hate to see it dropped on a concrete floor! And I imagine I would have to pretty much retool my shop except for fabricating the scales! Spendy as crap!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I wonder if carbide has to be heat treated to be at that hardness? And I wonder if that is so what the hardness prior to heat treating?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Did you guys read about the big bang pistol set if they are making completely out of a meteorite metal!!!!!! Conveniently I did not see any prices listed, only an area that you could register your interest !! It is an interesting website!

posted Hide Post
I think a ceramic blade would be sharper and much cheaper.

At that price range, I'm getting a Rockstead if I want a fancy super slicer.

Or a proper custom.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post