SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Direwolf Frame Lock-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Direwolf Frame Lock-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
always working on something new here at the knife farm. massive new frame lock prototype in AEB-L stainless with our Crime Scene etched finish. brilliant blue anodized ti frame lock with black micarta on the opposite. gonna put this one through the paces a bit and see if there are any kinks to work out.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
That Sir looks like it will cut !!

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice knife, I like.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Wow. Very nice!
And you weren't kidding about massive!

Reminds me a bit of my Lum Onslaught

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Love it!

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, fellas. yeah, that is my hand in the pic and i wear an XL glove. it is around 10" open with a 4" blade. i just love big, stout folders. i always wanted a big custom folder when i was younger, but never could afford them. some full customs go for a couple grand or more. now, i just make what i want. pretty nice feeling. oh, and my frame locks are not near that pricey. Big Grin

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Dozer, that is beautiful. Any chance you could make somthing a little less robust? I love the look of it, but I'd need something smaller for an EDC blade.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I love the look. Is that square corner at the base of the blade when folded going to be too pointy? I can see that wearing out a pocket.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
That corner sticking out when closed was actually intentional. This design is a collaboration with a friend of mine. He wanted me to build it this way to act as an impact weapon or window breaker. Not sure how I feel about that at this point. It may be absent from the finished product when I start making them available for purchase. And we do have a smaller model planned as well. I like to really test out folders before I start selling them. You never know what little things you might want to change after living with a knife for a while. I already know the next one will have slightly taller blade grind. Just think that will look better on such a wide blade.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Once you go folder you never go back................. I like it!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
yeah, we are already working on a run of Anubis and BullShark folders now. hope to have several available in the next few months.

dozer

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I am so screwed if you are getting into folders...

Especially if you do a version of the Drop Out Hunter.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, you might be in trouble, my friend. we already make one. Big Grin

dozer

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Awww, shit...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post