SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Please help me find a knife for my son. USA made and under $100.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help me find a knife for my son. USA made and under $100. Login/Join 
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted
There is about $100 left in my Christmas budget for my son. He bought his first Benchmade this summer and wants to start collecting knives.

USA made and under $100 may be a tall order but I figured the SigForum brain Trust would come through... Smile

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Which Benchmade does he have?

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Spyderco Native FRN is S35VN is definitely under $100. May not be as sexy as other designs, but it's made in Golden City, CO.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--...35VN-Lockback--25851

Posts: 2008 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Spyderco Native FRN is S35VN is definitely under $100. May not be as sexy as other designs...

My favorite Spyderco design.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
USA made Kershaws fit the bill. Just google it.

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
Id go with my personal favorite, a Spyderco. The Yojimbo 2 is an awesome knife, its about $100 on Amazon right now, or native would be a great knife as well.

I love my wife, kids, dogs, Sigs, and Glocks, knives--In no particular order!

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Kershaw Launch if automatics are legal for him to own. Kershawguy has a good selection.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buck 110

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
It’s slightly over, but the Benchmade Bugout is $115. Very nice thin and light knife.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a cool Swiss Army Knife? No collection is complete without one!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I say add $20 and get a Para 3

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
LLBean has a nice selection of Benchmade knives, made in the US, on their site, and through tonight have a 25% off sale going.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/search?freeText=benchmade

There are 4 in your price range, two folders and two fixed.

They have a number of other nice knives at reasonable prices (especially with the sale).

Another good solution is a high quality multi-tool with pliers; Leatherman is the standard, and Gerber makes (or made) some good ones as well. I used a multi-tool much more in the army and when camping than I did my folding knife.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive seen the bench made steep country for under 100 on occasion. ESEE is made in the USA, they have a few you could score for under a hundred bucks.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chessiedog1:
Buck 110

Yup

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I was able to score a Benchmade Griptillion at Cabela's for $99. I had $22 in Cabela's bucks in my account so I technically kept it under budget.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
The Benchmade Grip is a great choice, I'm sure he will love it!

I love my wife, kids, dogs, Sigs, and Glocks, knives--In no particular order!

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Swiss army knife suggestion. When Wenger went away, I bought the most tool loaded Wenger I could find. You know the kind, about and inch and a half thick with every darned tool. Anyway, never take it out of the drawer.

You don't saw what he would be doing with it. The Kershaw Blurs are some of the best price performance knives around IMO. Kershaw also makes an Emerson type blade for a fraction of an Emerson.

I've bought plenty of knives for my son, it's an easy buy. Even if you buy one similar to one he has he'll still be appreciative.

Good luck.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post