SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Spyderco Factory 2nd Sale
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spyderco Factory 2nd Sale Login/Join 
posted
As many of you might know Spyderco has a annual factory 2nd sale at their Golden Colorado location. This year they're doing it online. Starts December 3rd at 10:00AM MT on their website. https://www.spyderco.com/

I've bought 2nd's before there all with minor cosemtic problems. If you use your knife, no big deal getting a 2nd. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a PM2 in CPM10V and/or a PM3 in Maxamet!

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on this! I’m definitely going to check this out.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
About how much discount on average would you expect?
Do their factory seconds still carry warranty?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2018 bought two PM2's in 30V for $60 each, no warranty.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! I just got an order in from Spyderco yesterday. I just took advantage of the (new to me) Spyderco OpFocus Program that gives military, first responders, and medical professionals a discount of 50% off MSRP. You get to purchase ten knives a year with the discount.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 880 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
waiting for 10am. Is there a special section on their website for this?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah good luck with that. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
key learning for people who have never done this -- create an account in advance before trying to buy something during this period.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
In case you cannot get in. I managed to for a bit.

Several PM3s/PM2s. Several Native 5s. Some military’s. And a bunch more but that is what jumped out at me. Prices were very good.

You may have to fight to get on the site and actually get something in a cart and bought however.

Chris.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
yea. i'm stuck in a loop trying to create an account so that i can finishing checking out. i'm thinking i'm not likely to get what i want.

ETA: yay. i was able to checkout and i got what i wanted (well, mostly, i got the item wanted but not the quantity - purchase limits on some items).

Thanks to OP for the tip!!!! It's basically 3 for the price of 1.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Whatcha get?

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
manix. gets me off griptillian.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Manix is a great knife. Both of mine are smooth and have a great blade shape (at least for me).

I think you will enjoy it.

Keep in mind though the Spyderco "bolt lock" is not as nice as the Benchmade Axis lock. Not from a strength point of view just from a smoothness point of view.

Chris

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
manix should have the ball bearing lock, not the bolt lock. but you're saying the manix ball is not as nice as axis? that may be okay. i wanted to avoid bolt and liner lock. only other choice would have been back lock like Native.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You are correct. I get all the locking mechanisms confused.

Its a fine system reminiscent of the axis lock but I personally like the Axis lock better.

My favorite is probably the Spyderco compression locks followed by the Axis lock followed by the good old back lock.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Their website seems to be down.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Their website is HAMMERED!!!! You need to really work at it if you want anything.

Chris

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
yes. i already knew what i wanted to buy if offered in the sale. still took me 90 minutes to get to product page, put in cart, and checkout. if website was smooth, i could have been in/out/done in 5 minutes.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
are chinese spydercos any better than chinese knives by anybody else?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dunno. I don’t own any of the Chinese ones.

I do own a couple Japanese and Taiwan ones though and find them very high quality.