SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    A new cabin knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new cabin knife Login/Join 
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted
To celebrate the 2-yr anniversary of closing on our cabin in Prescott, AZ, I commissioned Dozer to bring a sketch I did to life.

Specs:
Steel - 1095HC
OAL - 10"
Handle - Rough-out leather with lacing
Heat Treat - Differential heat treat / Edge quench
Finish - Copper / Ferric etched finish
by Mike Geist, Liontribe Designs

I've already melted a couple coats of Sno Seal into the leather, and it has darkened nicely. Slim profile, pointy and sharp!

Well done, Mike! Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
hope it treats you well, my friend. very nice pics, too. hope you have fun living the cabin life.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you will be in Prescott much of the time be sure to check out our gun club Yavapai recreation league- host lots of matches ( steel bullseye idpa uspsa sass silhouette 22. ) great range and people

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
captain,

For now its a just a weekend escape from the Valley. If we ever 'transition' to spending more time up there, I'd love to participate.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nice to see one of his knives with blade length to handle ratio is equal or greater. Looks like a fine tool.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That is very nice!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!! This is a cool as heck commissioned piece. The rough side out grip is just too perfect for a cabin knife. Makes me wonder if I had something half as cool to commission a knife for! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i am glad you guys like the overall effect. i was very pleased with the copper ferric etched finish. that is something i will have to try again. i love to do themed or concept pieces. especially the more rustic or neo-tribal designs. this is one of my favorites that went to a local customer who loves rustic firearms and blades. a skinner model from an old file and a forked antler.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Man, that thing looks deadly on both ends! Eek

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post