SIGforum
A new cabin knife

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/4900040474

August 30, 2020, 10:27 PM
phxtoad
A new cabin knife
To celebrate the 2-yr anniversary of closing on our cabin in Prescott, AZ, I commissioned Dozer to bring a sketch I did to life.

Specs:
Steel - 1095HC
OAL - 10"
Handle - Rough-out leather with lacing
Heat Treat - Differential heat treat / Edge quench
Finish - Copper / Ferric etched finish
by Mike Geist, Liontribe Designs

I've already melted a couple coats of Sno Seal into the leather, and it has darkened nicely. Slim profile, pointy and sharp!

Well done, Mike! Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"
August 31, 2020, 11:19 AM
dozer
hope it treats you well, my friend. very nice pics, too. hope you have fun living the cabin life.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson
August 31, 2020, 09:22 PM
captain127
If you will be in Prescott much of the time be sure to check out our gun club Yavapai recreation league- host lots of matches ( steel bullseye idpa uspsa sass silhouette 22. ) great range and people
September 02, 2020, 02:06 PM
phxtoad
captain,

For now its a just a weekend escape from the Valley. If we ever 'transition' to spending more time up there, I'd love to participate.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"
September 02, 2020, 08:12 PM
David Lee
Nice to see one of his knives with blade length to handle ratio is equal or greater. Looks like a fine tool.
September 14, 2020, 05:52 AM
pbramlett
That is very nice!

Regards,

P.
September 15, 2020, 08:40 PM
djpaintles
Nice!! This is a cool as heck commissioned piece. The rough side out grip is just too perfect for a cabin knife. Makes me wonder if I had something half as cool to commission a knife for! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
September 16, 2020, 08:38 AM
dozer
i am glad you guys like the overall effect. i was very pleased with the copper ferric etched finish. that is something i will have to try again. i love to do themed or concept pieces. especially the more rustic or neo-tribal designs. this is one of my favorites that went to a local customer who loves rustic firearms and blades. a skinner model from an old file and a forked antler.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson
September 16, 2020, 02:57 PM
P220 Smudge
Man, that thing looks deadly on both ends! Eek