SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    EDC a fixed blade, somewhat concealed.... what’s the best way?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDC a fixed blade, somewhat concealed.... what’s the best way? Login/Join 
posted
I’ve got a sweet fixed blade I’d like to carry more often. It’s 6.5” OAL with a 3” blade. Any suggestions on how to carry it in a concealed fashion? I can’t really have a big knife showing at work in front of customers, it’s a professional setting.

What type of clips or sheath should I look for to make this easy to conceal? I can have a new Kydex made pretty easily.

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I think horizontal carry, small of back, is the way to go. You don't mention your apparel, that'll be the deciding factor. I wear untucked shirts when carrying a gun OWB, have knife set up for horizontal that would be in the small of back.

Jason Knight w/scout sheath, horizontal carry:

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Huge pic! WOW!

I have a similar blade 6.25 overall length with a 2.5 inch blade. It came with a kydex sheath that is similar to a IWB for a pistol. The blade and sheath set inside my waist band and a heavier kydex clip slips down over my belt. I carry it on my right hip at the 5 o’clock position. Because of it’s size, I rarely feel it and it’s covered by my shirt.

Here’s a video that show a similar knife with the same type sheath.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Y3UOFSjk620

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Wow. Great pics, but they are 3,024 x 4,032 pixels.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good suggestions. I should have also mentioned I don't carry it with defensive purposes in mind, just as a tool. Apparel is mostly tucked in polo shirts or button down dress type shirts.
If my shirt is untucked, I just carry it like the holster is designed for.

Pics sized down!

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post