SIGforum
New Knife profile opinions!!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/4870040664

January 30, 2020, 06:42 AM
sybo
New Knife profile opinions!!
Good day to everyone here at Sigforum! Happy new year to all even though it’s almost February. I’ve been laying a little low taking some time off for family after my wife’s surgery at the end of the year. Things are great and time to rock on!

I am contemplating doing a run of this particular style knife. It will be a cross between a Camp, Hunter, and Every Day Carry knife. It will have wonderful skinning personality also! Wink

Blade length will be about 4 to 4 1/2 inch, I’m going to start with 1/8 inch thickness on the blade. I’m thinking D2 Stainless steel. To all of you guys and appreciate a great knife, what’s your opinion on this shape?

https://imgur.com/a/QRAooCQ

We could start a run of these in a couple weeks!
January 30, 2020, 08:53 AM
dozer
nice looking shape. how do you like that jig in the background? always wondered if i should build one for certain designs.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson
January 30, 2020, 10:31 AM
sybo
I use it ever so often for certain shapes on my weak side. Other than that I don’t use it very often.
January 30, 2020, 10:51 AM
BigSwede
Right up my alley

I like it

January 30, 2020, 11:53 AM
captain127
Nice profile. I tend to prefer knives on the smaller side so this would be right up my alley
January 30, 2020, 01:42 PM
offgrid
Northridge Tools grinder? If so, how do you like it? Motor HP?

Thanks
January 31, 2020, 04:10 AM
sybo
I absolutely LOVE the Northridge! It’s a great piece of equipment! It is a variable speed.
February 04, 2020, 05:07 AM
sybo
There will be Damascus offerings also!!
February 04, 2020, 11:00 PM
burnetma
I really like the profile. Very functional.

Damascus will be awesome.
February 05, 2020, 07:12 AM
DSgrouse
I like the blade profile. The handle profile is nice. My only comment would be to round out the base of the hilt.
Sharp edges like that seem to always gouge into my palm.
February 06, 2020, 03:44 AM
sybo
DS, I can certainly do a little rounding!!
February 06, 2020, 12:16 PM
djpaintles
Near Perfect IMHO. Only change I'd made was the rounding the hilt base just mentioned.........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
February 06, 2020, 03:15 PM
DrDan
I really like it. For my use, I find that a wide, flat ground drop point with a medium sweep from edge to tip to be perfect. Add a good finger choil, and I am happy as a clam. Looks like you captured it perfectly.

This space intentionally left blank.
February 06, 2020, 05:30 PM
DSgrouse
Keep us in the loop. It is a good looking knife.
February 06, 2020, 06:34 PM
P220 Smudge
I like it a lot, and in fact, it's awfully similar to a blank I cut out of O1 and never finished. Mine's more rounded in the grip area and has a bit more of a drop point, but I wanted to try the same grip profile and more of an upswept tip like your's on the piece I have left.

February 06, 2020, 06:52 PM
mrapteam666
As I've grown older and gained experience both in the military and LE, I have learned that I work better with knives that are on the smaller side.

The profile that you have pictured is my ideal shape and size to carry in my bail out bag and along with what I like to carry on my LBE/IBA on deployments.
February 07, 2020, 03:21 AM
sybo
I will have some blades ground hopefully this weekend. Will probably be doing some “Finish It Your Way” projects⚔️