SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kershaw Emerson CQC-4KXL Deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kershaw Emerson CQC-4KXL Deal Login/Join 
Picture of rmc85
posted
I’ve been interested in one of these as a beater knife for a little while. A knife I can take on outdoor adventures and not be worried about beating the hell out of it or losing it. Well Blade HQ has them on sale for $20 so I figured why not? Should be here in a week and you can be sure I’ll abuse it.

Kershaw Emerson CQC-4KXL

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Kershaw Emerson’s are pretty good knives, I have one, not the same as yours but a Kershaw Emerson and it’s a nice frame lock system. I got one for a friend as a gift and ended up getting one for myself even though I have some real Emerson’s.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up rmc85. I have ZT's and Benchmade's that aren't as sturdy as this Kershaw. Most well built Kershaw I've ever seen.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I got a Kershaw Emerson from Amazon basically to just see how good it was. The price was great. I have an Emerson CQC15. The Kershaw sure surprised me. It is well made. No its not like a full Emerson, not close to as beefy, but it is well made and has been kept on the table next to my chair where my wife and I watch TV. That allows me to sit and work the knife open and closed for a couple of hours a night. It now operates as smooth as any thing you could want. Stays sharp, but is easy to get sharp again. I suggest anyone to get one of these great blades.

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post