SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Lost my 2003 Benchmade 710 154CM! Getting a Spyderco Para 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my 2003 Benchmade 710 154CM! Getting a Spyderco Para 2 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So I am about to make the big purchase today. I've been looking mostly at that digi camp in satin sv30 as an all around solid choice. However I found myself placing this in my shopping cart;
https://www.knifeworks.com/spy...lue-g-10-handle.html

This is the s110v steel with the blue scales. My only concern is my lack of skill in re sharpening. In the past, I've always sent in my710 to Benchmade. Can I do the same with Spyderco for a price? I was also considering adding to my cart the Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker which gets great reviews.

Any input between the regular sv30 vs the s110v steel? The price difference is not much at all so it might be worth it. Also the reviewers on a few retail sites state that the 110 version is the smoothest functioning para 2 they've experienced.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Blurple! Excellent choice. My buddy has that one and be careful with that thing cause it's sharp! It will stay sharp for a while too so you got time to figure out your sharpening solution. A nice stropp will keep it in good shape for a long while. I just send my knives off to get touched up every now and then. Albert with Seattle Edge is the go to here on the forum. Let us know what you think after you've got some carry time with it.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks JohnV. Any suggestions on a good leather belt or stropp? It does not pear Knifeworks carries them.

I've watch videos on how it's done and it looks pretty simple and fool proof.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never mind,.. I found one at Knife Center; it is the Illinois Razor Strop 2.5" x 23" Top Grain Cowhide with Handle

posted Hide Post
Well, it's the first time I ever pulled a trigger on a knife but I pulled the trigger on the knife and bought it for $149.97 free shipping.

I guess I'll be waiting a week to get it.