SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Cord on Knife Handle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cord on Knife Handle? Login/Join 
posted
On on of those internet blurbs they were advertising the new CRKT Parascale, first folding knife with a useable cord handle. Has a 4' piece of cord that can be detached for survival type situations. Common on some survival fixed blade knives, but folders supposedly the first.
Has anybody ever actually needed or used cord from a knife handle?

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nope.

I've never bought into the "but what if you were lost in the woods with only a knife??!!!!1" marketing hype.

So I don't need a firestarter, compass, sawblade, fish hooks, or cordage on a knife.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would want anything on your knife that would get soaked with anything, water, juices, blood?

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
That doesn't make much sense to me. I have a lot of fixed blades with cord wrapped handles but they're all epoxied. In my pack I do have 20-30 ft of paracord, mainly to lower the pack in a tight place or off a ledge.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post