SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Estwing tomahawk -Made in USA -$35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Estwing tomahawk -Made in USA -$35 Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
I noticed at Home Depot an Estwing Tomahawk. Made in America and priced at $40. Amazon sells it for $35. The entire thing from the head to the handle is forged steel and it feels like a hefty, heavy duty tool. Might be a good weapon to keep under the seat of your truck (carjacker bludgeoned by bad ass patriot wielding a tomahawk) or for the next antifa invasion of your neighborhood.

https://www.amazon.com/Estwing...uction/dp/B00AYLJE8E

Pair it with their 12 inch forged machete for more bad assery.

https://www.amazon.com/Estwing...rds=estwing+tomahawk

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Great, another $40 I can kiss goodbye. I don't know why but it looks cool as hell and for the price, why not?

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
It IS cool as hell. I have one in my pickup for emergencies. Very flat too- easy to put in my door pocket for easy access if I have to smash a window to get out or something.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Amazon the tomahawk, machete and double-bit axe are often bought together. Only 114.85 Razz

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I've got one and it spent a year or so in my gear bag in my CSI van. It was great for smashing things. It was the absolute bees knees for taking out autoglass.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not that up on axe tech here.
Any advantage for axes with straight leading edges vs. curved ones?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Straight has disadvantages, as does the spike side with its flare. Chiefly, that it is more difficult to dislodge from what you've swung into.

For the price looks difficult to go too wrong.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
..more difficult to dislodge from what you've swung into.

That makes sense. I guess the upside would be removing a little more material, no?

I've got a crappy old Boy Scout hatchet with too short a handle and an unbalanced pain to use. I think something between my machetes and chain saw might be a good idea. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post