SIGforum
Estwing tomahawk -Made in USA -$35

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/4670047324

May 04, 2017, 12:44 PM
bubbatime
Estwing tomahawk -Made in USA -$35
I noticed at Home Depot an Estwing Tomahawk. Made in America and priced at $40. Amazon sells it for $35. The entire thing from the head to the handle is forged steel and it feels like a hefty, heavy duty tool. Might be a good weapon to keep under the seat of your truck (carjacker bludgeoned by bad ass patriot wielding a tomahawk) or for the next antifa invasion of your neighborhood.

https://www.amazon.com/Estwing...uction/dp/B00AYLJE8E

Pair it with their 12 inch forged machete for more bad assery.

https://www.amazon.com/Estwing...rds=estwing+tomahawk

May 04, 2017, 10:03 PM
GarandGuy
Great, another $40 I can kiss goodbye. I don't know why but it looks cool as hell and for the price, why not?

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?
May 05, 2017, 02:40 AM
MooneyP226
It IS cool as hell. I have one in my pickup for emergencies. Very flat too- easy to put in my door pocket for easy access if I have to smash a window to get out or something.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad
May 05, 2017, 03:10 PM
muzzleloader
According to Amazon the tomahawk, machete and double-bit axe are often bought together. Only 114.85 Razz

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison
May 05, 2017, 04:58 PM
copaup
I've got one and it spent a year or so in my gear bag in my CSI van. It was great for smashing things. It was the absolute bees knees for taking out autoglass.
May 05, 2017, 06:02 PM
Ripley
Not that up on axe tech here.
Any advantage for axes with straight leading edges vs. curved ones?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
May 06, 2017, 09:04 AM
ChuckFinley
Straight has disadvantages, as does the spike side with its flare. Chiefly, that it is more difficult to dislodge from what you've swung into.

For the price looks difficult to go too wrong.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
May 06, 2017, 11:24 AM
Ripley
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
..more difficult to dislodge from what you've swung into.

That makes sense. I guess the upside would be removing a little more material, no?

I've got a crappy old Boy Scout hatchet with too short a handle and an unbalanced pain to use. I think something between my machetes and chain saw might be a good idea. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.