SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    I have a Small Sebenza on my mind
Page 1 2 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I have a Small Sebenza on my mind Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
I prefer the large Sebenza myself. I have both.

ZT is my preferred production knife company but even I can admit that Chris Reeve knives are on a different level of fit and finish.

If you are not super detail oriented, then the Sebenza isn't worth it. The level of precision that goes into the Sebenza is way above and beyond what's necessary for a nice solid knife. That's just the way he wants it done.

The quality is also levels above most custom knife makers, and I have an extensive custom collection. There is a small handful of makers who can make a knife of equal or greater quality. My RJ Martin is probably the only knife in my collection that I can confidently say is as good or better.
 
Posts: 2197 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Is there a knife of similar design in a lower price range? Always liked the design but could never justify the cost


Check out the Bradley Alias knife.

__________


These have been out of production for a while and are not super common on the secondary market. They were actually produced by Benchmade. I have two examples of the Alias II (small) and one Alias I (large). While a decent knife they are nowhere near a Sebenza. My Alias I is actually with Benchmade now due to horrendous lockup and vertical blade play. Both smalls have been solid so far.

Here is a photo of an Alias II next to a small Sebenza. I don't have photos of the other two currently.



I strongly recommend a ZT 0450 or 0900. They are my top picks for a small titanium frame lock and can be found used for less than $150 regularly. I carry mine constantly and almost never carry Sebenzas any more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: photoman12001,


============================================
See all my firearm photos at
http://s1274.photobucket.com/u...rearms?sort=3&page=1
-----------------------------------
View a photography demo video here:
http://youtu.be/Iftice_BYlE
 
Posts: 1278 | Location: Inside the Beltway (VA) | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
it took me about 3 months going back and fourth between the small and the large,for my taste i decided on the large with bocote inlays,i am very happy i went that way, more pricey yes any better probably not,but on looks hell yeah 485 well spent.
 
Posts: 24 | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Is there a knife of similar design in a lower price range? Always liked the design but could never justify the cost


Check out the Bradley Alias knife.

__________


These have been out of production for a while and are not super common on the secondary market. They were actually produced by Benchmade. I have two examples of the Alias II (small) and one Alias I (large). While a decent knife they are nowhere near a Sebenza. My Alias I is actually with Benchmade now due to horrendous lockup and vertical blade play. Both smalls have been solid so far.

Here is a photo of an Alias II next to a small Sebenza. I don't have photos of the other two currently.



I strongly recommend a ZT 0450 or 0900. They are my top picks for a small titanium frame lock and can be found used for less than $150 regularly. I carry mine constantly and almost never carry Sebenzas any more.



hey photoman i have a 0456 just wondering has your anodizing started to wear any,when i do carry mine there is nothing else in my pocket,had it for about 6 months no wear signs at all, just wondering thanks
 
Posts: 24 | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnk4jmk:
hey photoman i have a 0456 just wondering has your anodizing started to wear any,when i do carry mine there is nothing else in my pocket,had it for about 6 months no wear signs at all, just wondering thanks


I just got mine a few days ago. It's a real beauty. I probably won't carry it though.


============================================
See all my firearm photos at
http://s1274.photobucket.com/u...rearms?sort=3&page=1
-----------------------------------
View a photography demo video here:
http://youtu.be/Iftice_BYlE
 
Posts: 1278 | Location: Inside the Beltway (VA) | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
the anno pieces on the 456 are aluminum so it should be harder than anno on titanium.
 
Posts: 2197 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I placed an order through the CRK website. It is a 3 month wait so I have time to think about it.


_______________________________________
Sailing on and off the mooring - sometimes.
 
Posts: 2687 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
mine was my favorite knife I ever owned. Then it got stolen. My back up knife, a Manix 2 went missing not long after. I am knifeless and not happy about it. I refuse to spend that kind of money twice on a knife too.


------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3072 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fau:
I placed an order through the CRK website. It is a 3 month wait so I have time to think about it.


I think you are going to be very pleased.


Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
 
Posts: 33785 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I got the call today that the knife is done. I placed the order and it is on the way. It's a lot of money but I'm looking forward to it getting here!


_______________________________________
Sailing on and off the mooring - sometimes.
 
Posts: 2687 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Damn you Fau! Just when I didn't think I needed a Small Sebenza, you go and post this thread. So, I just ordered one. Thanks a lot pal. Wink
 
Posts: 2602 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    I have a Small Sebenza on my mind

© SIGforum 2017