SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Tyler Gun Works Tomahawks

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tyler Gun Works Tomahawks Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted
In the Gallery mm6mm6 posted a Tomahawk he sent a friend. I never owned one and figured it was time, I ordered one for me and one for my brother.

I got them yesterday and they are really nice! Bobby Tyler does Color Case Hardening for Henry and private folks, too.
http://tylergunworks.com/tomahawks.shtml

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 2017 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Cool! Very nice!

Posts: 3735 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 653 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Glad you like 'em!

I spent some time at the SHOT Show talking with Bobby Tyler. Really a terrific guy. He is doing case hardening for the Bond Arms derringers, the Desert Eagle, and some other factory guns.

He has a special Ruger Bearcat limited edition 1 of 200 with his case hardening that is spectacular.

Really fun to hear his "one man shop" story and his entrepreneurship.

Posts: 956 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Those look great!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 5006 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Is it light enough to wield one-handed?

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11588 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
Is it light enough to wield one-handed?

It's definitely a one hander. I've never really handled tomahawks so I'm not sure how they should feel, The shaft seem thin to me but I can't imagine it being much thicker and it's a substantial head.

The head on this is 14 oz, his Viking Ship Builder is 27 oz. I think that would a real handful!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 2017 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I have to figure out which one to order!

Posts: 1603 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
They look too pretty to use.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 21414 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post