SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Ka-Bar type knife

Moderators: parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ka-Bar type knife Login/Join 
posted
Looking for a Ka-Bar styled knife except a little smaller.

Any ideas?

posted Hide Post

Posts: 1932 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Report This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
ESEE 4?

Posts: 1621 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
ESEE 4?

I have found that the ESEE 4 is the perfect size hard use belt knife. Bigger than a folder, smaller than a traditional combat knife. Great for all my outdoor needs.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 722 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
ESEE 4?

That'd be my recommendation. Or a 3 if he wants something even smaller.

If you have the chance, handle a 3 or 4 before buying. You may find that the handle is a just a smidge too short for you. If so, try the new 3HM or 4HM. The handle on the HM models is slightly different, and is better for people with larger hands.

Posts: 19007 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
Is this enough smaller?

https://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/73

I have one of these in black. Very nice knife and with a little searching you can find them for a much lower price than MSRP.

Posts: 3401 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Kabar makes a mini kabar.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2033 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Report This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
The Ontario Airforce survival knife is Ka-bar'ish.

Posts: 5693 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not Kabar style, but since people are recommending ESEE knives which aren't really like a Kabar I'll pitch in an idea.

A member here Sybo built me an absolute beast of a knife, Its a hunting style knife with a very thick blade and its easily my favorite knife.

Its an absolute beast, it takes apart Elk with zero issues but its also stout enough to really do bushcraft type stuff with. Ive battoned with it and really beat on it, never babied it.

You might consider contacting Sybo, he can build anything you want, the dude is a genius, he built exactly what I wanted for a price that was more than reasonable.

Ive had a few people offer to buy my knife from me, but Im not selling.

Posts: 4262 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
Not Kabar style, but since people are recommending ESEE knives which aren't really like a Kabar I'll pitch in an idea.

A member here Sybo built me an absolute beast of a knife, Its a hunting style knife with a very thick blade and its easily my favorite knife.

Its an absolute beast, it takes apart Elk with zero issues but its also stout enough to really do bushcraft type stuff with. Ive battoned with it and really beat on it, never babied it.

You might consider contacting Sybo, he can build anything you want, the dude is a genius, he built exactly what I wanted for a price that was more than reasonable.

Ive had a few people offer to buy my knife from me, but Im not selling.

Have any pics? Thanks.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Ontario makes some knives that are similar to Ka-Bar and equal in quality.

Posts: 3401 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
The Ontario Airforce survival knife is Ka-bar'ish.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I have one of those.

Posts: 1582 | Registered: November 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Fallkniven f1

Posts: 3272 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post