SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Mojave Bowie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mojave Bowie Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
well, we are finally done with this one. just have to finish the sheath. 12" OAL, 80CrV2 steel model with Relic flats and satin polished blade. handle is double dyed spalted maple. this is quite a handful.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Wow Dozer. That is beautiful.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I thought long and hard about what handle material to use. I think this dyed wood really works well.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That came out very nice.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Love everything about this!! Everything!!! “That’s” what I’m talking about! Man you do some fabulous work!! Scales are off the charts!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, I have been wanting to do more things like this for some time. Next up will be some nice clip point hunter designs with some neat handle materials.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Very Cool !

I dig it D !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
Absolute work of art. You, sir, are a master at your craft.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Much appreciated, guys. I appreciate the kind words.

dozer

posted Hide Post
What’s the blade length? Fantastic look on that one!

Posts: 1748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Thanks, the blade length is 6.5" on this one. And even though it wasn't intentional, the blade has a nice, light hamon line. I just couldn't get it to show in the photos.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
Thanks, the blade length is 6.5" on this one. And even though it wasn't intentional, the blade has a nice, light hamon line. I just couldn't get it to show in the photos.

dozer

Do you have a WEB site? Are these commissioned?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Drop me a line at liontribedesigns@gmail.com and I can give you all my info. I do custom work as well as standard inventory models. This Bowie is actually available in the classified section.

dozer