SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Yojimbo 2 Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yojimbo 2 Questions Login/Join 
posted
I was done then Agony posts a new knife the Spyderco Yojimbo 2. It's a folder in the same style as my John Gray fixed blade. How did I miss that one?

The Carbon Fiber is available along with the G10.

How rough is the G10? I had a Military that shredded my jeans pocket.

How smooth is the Carbon Fiber? It seems it'll be slick but designed that way.

The CF is .04 ounces lighter than the G10 so there's no weight savings between the 2.
CF 3.96oz\113g vs. G10 4.0oz\113g.
https://www.bladehq.com/item--...-Knife-Carbon--84392
https://www.spyderco.com/catal...ails/C85CF20CV2/1174

Any opinions greatly appreciated Mitch

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
The G10 is probably the same as on the Military.
I don't find it too rough, but I also use aftermarket deep carry clips and adjust the tension enough that it doesn't cause too much friction when clipping into the pocket, but enough to keep the knife from being too loose. No pocket issues. This is on my G10 Yo2's and PM2's and a PM3.

The CF seemed a bit too slick for a knife to be used in a defensive situation. They are gorgeous, but aren't quite as practical as G10.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
The G10 is probably the same as on the Military.
I don't find it too rough, but I also use aftermarket deep carry clips and adjust the tension enough that it doesn't cause too much friction when clipping into the pocket, but enough to keep the knife from being too loose. No pocket issues. This is on my G10 Yo2's and PM2's and a PM3.

The CF seemed a bit too slick for a knife to be used in a defensive situation. They are gorgeous, but aren't quite as practical as G10.

Pleae tell me where you get deep carry clips.
Thanks
DTV

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Pleae tell me where you get deep carry clips.
Thanks
DTV

Either MXG or Lynch Northwest. These seem to be the go-to for most Spyderco aficionados.
Personally I prefer MXG.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
I have the yojimbo 2 in g10, its about the same finish as the other spyderco g10 i have. You can smooth it out a bit with some fine wax polish, or light sanding. The deep pocket carry clips help a bit too, can find a ton on amazon, ebay, etc.

The yojimbo is a great folder!

I love my wife, kids, dogs, Sigs, and Glocks, knives--In no particular order!

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post