SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Becker BK3 TacTool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Becker BK3 TacTool Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
When I had the cars worked on late last year I removed all the "pilferables" including my Becker BK3 TacTool emergency knives I carry in each. Just spotted them on the dresser of a spare room. I had forgotten to place them back with each car's tool kit. Oh well....

They're 7.5" epoxy coated 0170-6C 1/4" thick steel blades with GV6H handles. Mine are at least 18 years old. Becker Tool, then Camillus, and now Ka-bar markets it. Ka-Bar's version is in 1095 steel.

Some LEO agencies carried these as emergency tools. They were known as "sharpened pry bars!"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Bob.

Glad you found them, again.

Did you put them back in the cars?

Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yup... back where they should be Frank! Wink

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the original Cop Tool, carried daily till I retired in May 2011, now it just stays in my tool box.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The surest way to never need to have to use a piece of emergency equipment is to have it, yet woe be to those who forsake it.

So say’th the book of Murphy. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post