SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Another Microtech
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Microtech Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice score on the Mandalorian. Man, I wish Washington state would get with the times. I really want a Microtech.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
I thought my Sig addiction was bad. I'm on my 6th Microtech within 6 months- I really need to stop.

Yes you do. Your pics have already cost me $350 on a DLC Ultratech Hellhound! Wink
Only 2 Ultratechs, so no chance I catch up to you.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Just ordered this one. It's one of six in the world.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Ok, you win the internet!

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Hellhound isn't my style, but it is cool. Thanks for the photo.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I've kicked around the idea over the years of buying a Microtech OTF. I've always changed my mind after reading about their customer service.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Their customer service has greatly improved. A few years ago when I was shopping for an OTF- I looked at the Benchmade Infidel and the Microtech Ultratech. I opted for the Benchmade based on hearing the same statements regarding repair and customer service. Since then- I sold the Benchmade to buy the COmbat Troodon.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I pulled the trigger on a UTX-85 black with black hardware this afternoon. My birthday was on Tuesday and this was a birthday gift to myself. I already have my eye on an Ultratech FDE with black hardware.
It's easy to see how these are addicting.

My only concern is knife laws are so vague in Ohio. I can carry as many handguns as I can fit on my body, but a knife can be considered a deadly weapon.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
We’ve been blessed here in Tennessee to pass some of the best knife laws in the country reversing old laws and stopping jurisdictions from overriding state laws.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
We’ve been blessed here in Tennessee to pass some of the best knife laws in the country reversing old laws and stopping jurisdictions from overriding state laws.

I have many friends who are police officers here locally with different departments. I spoke to them and they said it's a judgement call. Basically they said don't be an A-hole and it won't be an issue. Technically speaking if the knife clip is showing it's not "concealed." Above all, when asked if you're carrying any concealed weapons don't refer to your knife as a weapon. Inform them of your CCW and say you also have a knife you use for cutting up boxes, opening mail....etc. Personally I don't think of my knives as weapons anyways and the six times I've been pulled over with my CCW it's always been a non-issue and very professional.

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post

I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
That is a really nice looking knife. I would guess that is crazy expensive.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
$425

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
That one is unbelievable SF, what a work of art in a cool, deadly package.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking knife.

Posts: 52 | Location: Tucson, Arizona  | Registered: August 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Latest Microtech

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Nice!

The things are so addictive...

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
And I just picked this up last week...

posted Hide Post
^^^Nice collection. I recently got a cheap otf knife in a trade. I never really paid attention to them but now I have the fever to get a decent one.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I bought a cheap one many years ago- still have it and it has been very reliable. I found out it was a bad knockoff of the Microtech Scarab. I got hooked on the Microtechs after watching the John Wick movies. Make sure if you get a Microtech it is from an authorized dealer- there are a lot of fakes out there.