SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Another Microtech
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Microtech Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
I thought my Sig addiction was bad. I'm on my 6th Microtech within 6 months- I really need to stop.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
That is a good looking collection, sir.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
This one came just this week. I chose the UTX-85 mostly because akaSigFreak said it is the best size for pocket carry. He is right. Plus, it is as cool as hell.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ve got an Ultratech wrapped up under the tree! Dying to see it.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Love all my Microtechs though I've been carrying the UTX-85 myself

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where to find the 85’s in stock at a good price? Just bought a pro tech a couple weeks back ( found the not very common left hand side opener) but still have an urge for an otf

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
The UTX-85s are difficult to find. They just released a batch of Black, Orange and some other color but most dealers are already sold out.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Have any of you had experience with the Microtech warranty? A friend has two broken Microtechs that they won't repair unless he sends in a letter from a law enforcement agency.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem, I just picked up Microtech numbers 3 & 4. Two UTX-85s made it into my collection, joining a Ultratech and a Combat Troodon.

Posts: 2934 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Where to find the 85’s in stock at a good price? Just bought a pro tech a couple weeks back ( found the not very common left hand side opener) but still have an urge for an otf

I can’t speak highly enough of this guy:

https://southernedges.com/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
Have any of you had experience with the Microtech warranty? A friend has two broken Microtechs that they won't repair unless he sends in a letter from a law enforcement agency.

If the state he lives in is restricted- the Knives might need to be shipped through a FFL. I’ve never heard of them requiring a letter from a LE Agency.

posted Hide Post
Very Cool !

Nice collection ! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Love my UTX85. Looking for a Hellhound deal and they seem to have dried up.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I belong to a few Microtech Groups on Facebook. They are frequently available for $275-300 (Bronzed) and someone was offering a Tactical (all black hardware) Black DLC HellHound for $340.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
St. Cloud knives has some Hellhounds. Two, when I posted this, but they sell fast so don't dawdle.

http://www.stcloudknives.com/p...tId=automatic-knives

They are very nice people. They went above and beyond to help with screwed up shipping on the UTX-85 I posted above.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Vonna had any in stock. She is great to deal with.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
St. Cloud knives has some Hellhounds. Two, when I posted this, but they sell fast so don't dawdle.

http://www.stcloudknives.com/p...tId=automatic-knives

They are very nice people. They went above and beyond to help with screwed up shipping on the UTX-85 I posted above.

Much obliged. The less expensive one was out of stock but after three attempts I finally had a successful transaction. Something was weird or quirky with my bank or the software used for the transaction. I was able to get the one Ultratech with bronzed hardware. Thanks a ton!

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Glad you found one. I like that bronze colored hardware.

Post a photo when you get it!

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Will do, thanks.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post