SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    DBK Hunter/ Camp loveliness ⚔️⚔️
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DBK Hunter/ Camp loveliness ⚔️⚔️ Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
As a Hunter, I understand the roller coaster ride of emotions when hunting game and how it has cost me gear in the past. I really understand the choice of materials/ colors here. I absolutely love to hunt Wild Hogs and I have taken many, I mean many. Between the danger of a large pissed off Hog, and the excitement that comes with the hunt, I have been known to leave something behind and not realize it until I have already left, such as my knife.
My Customer wanted something that would be “ harder to lose” and he came up with the color scheme. (I love bright colors for knife scales, but this was him!) Cool I don’t feel he should have any problems with this one, it’s ORANGE!!!!
I just love this tool⚔️⚔️⚔️ May it serve you well Mr. Otto. I enjoyed creating this knife for you!!!!

Obligatory pics.... https://imgur.com/a/0b48D4h

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

I too like bright colors for tools that might get dropped or otherwise let behind.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
love that one, my friend.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Really like it, especially the grip design.

As far as losing things in the woods, I have started tying a short lanyard with blaze orange 550 cord on all my woods tools and even my car keys.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Received it yesterday, this thing is REALLY nice, feels great in my hand. I have an appreciation for people who can be considered craftsman and this is proof that SYBO is one.

Great job on the scales which I can imagine is a difficult task. Really good symmetry.

I was surprised with how heavy and sturdy it is. Very nice surprise.

Thanks again Sybo!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6256 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
James I am happy you are pleased with our project, I thoroughly enjoyed making this for you and hope it serves you well. I really strive for beautiful and useful creations. And by the way, “ THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sybo,

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post