SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Widowmaker Knives of Texas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Widowmaker Knives of Texas Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Any one familiar with this firm?

Their website: https://widowmakertexas.com/?v=47e5dceea252

I saw their line at the Nation's Gun Show this evening. Their OTF knives look solid, but does anyone have field reports on them?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Waiting.... They look interesting.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting....nice price, might be worth a road trip.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Look for a write up tomorrow.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Waiting.
Waiting.
Waiting.

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
.................. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
They won't ship to VA, yet they exhibit and sell at a gun show in VA, what is up with that?

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I searched yesterday and couldn't really find any information.

This is from Bladeforums June 26th 2016 for an OTF Tanto listed for sale:
Up today... widow maker auto. Made by My Safe Gun. Lifetime warranty! So don't worry that it does not say a name you recognize. Guy from TX owns company.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Some of the designs look very familiar. Anyone know what steel they are using?

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Thread drift: what's the benefit of an OTF knife?

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Thread drift: what's the benefit of an OTF knife?

An excessive amount of awesome.

In all seriousness, the biggest advantage I have found is the ability to easily, safely, open and close the knife with one hand. This has beecome even more useful to me in the recent months as I often find my other hand occupied by holding onto a one year old.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Most the blades are 440c

anyone grab one yet?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen these at a couple local gun shows. They may be “individually assembled in Texas” they looked like they were the same exact Taiwanese knives that another guy sells at the other end of the gun shows for 1/5 (or less) the price they do. I have the impression that they are all marketing and no manufacturing (other than basic assembly).

Either way these knives in no way compare to a Microtech or Benchmade. I strongly recommend you save your money!

I did by one of their twins from the other guy for less than $20 and my Fiancé loves her big nasty looking knife.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Some (not all) models are Microtech Knock-Offs. There are a few OTF Knife "manufacturers" from Texas and they all seem to resemble the cheap Taiwanese/Chinese Microtech-Style OTFs

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
“individually assembled in Texas”

They screw the pocket clip on.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post