SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    How tell if KA-BAR is real
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How tell if KA-BAR is real Login/Join 
posted
I pawn shop a lot and I saw this knife in the bin. I bought it with a bunch of other stuff so I might have $10 probably less after I sell the stuff I bought.

Since everything else is being faked I assume there are probably making knock offs of KA-BAR.

The knife weighs 11oz, 12" total length, blade is 7" long 1 1/4" wide at the base. Any idea if it real or knock off

Posts: 2119 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
The "OLEAN, NY" stamp would lead me to believe that it's not a fake. Nice find.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
At $10 or under it's a great deal for a Kabar but they aren't all that expensive so I don't know why someone would make a knockoff.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of knock offs out there, I'm no expert but that one looks legit. If it's a fake then it's a good fake

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks legit made about 30 miles from where I used to live in New York. Was a nice place to live until progressive liberals destroyed it. At one time the county olean is in ( cattaraugus) was a center of the knife making industry with many well known and lesser known makers having factories in Little country towns. In my previous hometown of springville the last knife factory closed about ten years ago. The old factory building is now a bar

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post