SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Horizontal sheath mount for ESEE-3 options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horizontal sheath mount for ESEE-3 options Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted
I've always liked and wanted a smaller ESEE, like the ESEE-3 or Izula, and after getting an email about the new ESEE-3 with S35VN steel and G10 scales, I ordered one, and it arrived today.
Gratuitous ESEE pic

I'm wanting to find a horizontal carry option, and a quick internet search leads me to believe that a large Tek Lok may work.

Can someone verify this info before I place an order for the Tek Lok? I wanted to make sure the hole patterns lined up.

If I can verify the Tek Lok will work, that would be the easiest solution. If it won't work, and you have a different solution, please share with us.

Thanks for the consideration.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was writing the what's down below and realized John Grays wrapped velcro sheath is the best and so simple. It's just wide double sided velcro attached to the sheath via the rivets. Then wrapped around your belt. It can be put on \ taken off with out removing your belt.

Joe Paranee's picture:

https://www.knifecenter.com/it...le-kydex-drop-sheath

The nicest low profile horizontal sheath I've had is from Bob Dozier.

http://www.dozierknives.com/in...icle&id=55&Itemid=55

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
The double-sided Velcro is very simple, and the Dozier sheaths do look nice.

Wondering if they’re too low profile for my uh, body shape Smile

That was another reason I like the Tek-Lok idea if it’s feasible, as my other Tek-Lok attached sheath for a ZT I’ve got sits a bit further off my body.

Thanks for the options Braillediver

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Tek Lok hole spacing is .75"
Small Tek Lok hole spacing is 1.00"

Also take a look at the DCL Combat Loop

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
Tek Lok hole spacing is .75"
Small Tek Lok hole spacing is 1.00"

Also take a look at the DCL Combat Loop

Thanks for that.

Measured the current spacing on the sheath, and the holes are 1.5" apart along the length, and 2" apart across the sheath, so with holes 0.75" apart on the Tek Lok, it looks like I could secure the Tek Lok with only 2 screws to the sheath instead of 4.

posted Hide Post
I've got one each on order from Armatus for both my ESEE 3 and Izula (that I just ordered)

https://www.armatuscarry.com/s...rchitect_Sheath.html

I'll post pics once they arrive.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
I've got one each on order from Armatus for both my ESEE 3 and Izula (that I just ordered)

https://www.armatuscarry.com/s...rchitect_Sheath.html

I'll post pics once they arrive.

Wow, I like the looks of that one.
The pictures show an OWB and an IWB carry... do you get both options? Or do you have to specify?

posted Hide Post
The IWB option is an add-on clip for $10. I added that to my ESEE 3 sheath.

There are other optional mounting options on the site in the accessories section. Malice clips, etc.

If I have read everything correctly, eyelet spacing is compatible with most mounting methods out there. Check out https://www.holstersmith.com/v...qc2u4ru098h3846km0h2 or https://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php for mounting option I have ever seen.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Bob Dozier's horizontal sheath is very nicely made and handy.

He'll make one for any knife.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ram229
posted Hide Post
I set myself up during this whole mess to make my own kydex sheaths. It's really easy and let's me configure my carry options to my liking.

Posts: 1188 | Location: CT | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I had an Izula customized for my wife.

Laser engraving by Spectre

Custom printed sheath from Dark Star Gear. His soft loops work nicely

774877_10206433691815342_5957344172012000405_o by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Been away for a few days, but wanted to thank you all for the opinions and options you've mentioned.