SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    File Knives Coming-Liontribe Designs
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

File Knives Coming-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
i am happy to have a handful of great old German files. my uncle found them digging around in his basement workshop. i already have the first one shaped and rough ground. will be heat treating it tomorrow. i am thinking about a nice wood handle. i have some beautiful bloodwood that would really fit this slim design. so pleased to be making some new file knife designs.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful knife; I like the shape of that one!

Posts: 365 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool !

Look forward to your "art" with these. Smile

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i think i will do a mix of old and new designs with this batch of files.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Very nice! My wallet and the wife/book keeper are not in sync to add to my modest collection. I sure do appreciate your work. I have a planer blade knife by Ruana here in MT, a big skinner style with Stag handles. A few stains from game dressing, but a work horse blade for years now.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Stay tuned. Pics to come.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Saweeeeeet!! I dig some file knives!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Nice to see you found some more files to work with! Love the one you made for me.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of knives including a few from Dozer, one of which is my EDC, but when I want to show off a knife I pull out one of the file knives of his that I have. They are by far the coolest knives I own.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the kind words, fellas. I hope the large file will make a nice Bowie model.

dozer

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I like the lines of that knife so far. Looking forward to an update of the finished product with the wood handle!

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Me too !

So for those in the know. I have heard that folks look for the German made files, but why are they sought after? Just a "better" German thing??? I am trying to learn more about different steels.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a winner!

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, i have this one polished and etched. it is ready for the handle now. i think this bloodwood will look very nice on this design.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Nice ! How much will it cost me ?

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
If you are interested, just shoot me an email at liontribedesigns@gmail.com. My file knives are generally cheaper than most because you don't have the cost of new steel bar stock.

dozer

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’m kind of liking the no grip look. Makes for a slim boot knife. It would look neat like that with a double edge. I’d have to throw it if I got one. Smile

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i may make one with no handle when i get the chance, that sounds like a good idea. here is the finished product as of today. just have to sharpen and sign it.

dozer

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Simply Elegant!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Beautiful lines!

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1122 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post