SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    File Knives Coming-Liontribe Designs
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

File Knives Coming-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Which model is the Slim Chance?

Can you incorporate the sculpted flats like on the Neo?

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent an email to commit for a slim chance.

Deal with Dozer with confidence gents, my last knife with him was semi custom and he made a few changes to his standard design for me and he let me provide some Purple Heart wood for the scales. its a gem of a little slicer. email communication was excellent.

can't wait for this one.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
burnetma, i am sorry. forgot i had several things posted in this thread. it is the knife in the first set of pics in the first post. i will stick a pic down below. we can do sculpted flats if you like, no trouble.

ElToro, thanks for the kind words. you are a scholar and a gentleman.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
hey, here is a knife i just wrapped up today. it was a german file that was very rough looking. the sides were pitted and gouged, so i didn't think it would look very nice so i decided to scallop the flats. it came out very nicely. this may be my new favorite design.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:

dozer

I like that.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. i just posted this up for grabs in the classified section.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is a neat new push/palm knife that i finished up today.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I just LOVE your work!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
many thanks, my friend. i am a fan of your work, as well. really like those damascus pieces.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is one of the Slim Chance file knife variants that was just completed. this one has an African Blackwood handle. this one is for one of our forum members and a great customer.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
just finished this one for a great customer. made from a big Nicholson file with antique natural micarta.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That’s a beautiful knife Mike.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks much, my friend. i was very pleased with how that micarta polished out.

dozer

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Do you use patterns to shape the blades or all free hand?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
pretty much everything i do is free hand, unless someone wants exact multiples of a certain model. in that situation, i would use a template to keep everything the same.

dozer

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
pretty much everything i do is free hand, unless someone wants exact multiples of a certain model. in that situation, i would use a template to keep everything the same.

dozer

Even more impressive. You are talented.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i appreciate the kind words. i always felt that doing everything free hand without guides or jigs really makes each knife a truly custom piece.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the newest file model. no name for this one yet. just a variant of the Slim Chance. this one is just rough ground and about to be drilled and put into heat treat tomorrow.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Dozer, that one looks like a bad ass bottle opener!
Again, FANTASTIC work! I'm always impressed on what you and Sybo are turning out!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. i am happy with this one so far.

dozer