SIGforum
File Knives Coming-Liontribe Designs

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/3990018344

July 01, 2018, 03:04 PM
dozer
File Knives Coming-Liontribe Designs
i am happy to have a handful of great old German files. my uncle found them digging around in his basement workshop. i already have the first one shaped and rough ground. will be heat treating it tomorrow. i am thinking about a nice wood handle. i have some beautiful bloodwood that would really fit this slim design. so pleased to be making some new file knife designs.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson
July 01, 2018, 09:06 PM
CA DuckHunter
Beautiful knife; I like the shape of that one!
July 01, 2018, 09:58 PM
motoboy
Cool !

Look forward to your "art" with these. Smile
July 02, 2018, 07:37 AM
dozer
thanks, i think i will do a mix of old and new designs with this batch of files.

dozer

July 03, 2018, 03:43 PM
TRshootem
Very nice! My wallet and the wife/book keeper are not in sync to add to my modest collection. I sure do appreciate your work. I have a planer blade knife by Ruana here in MT, a big skinner style with Stag handles. A few stains from game dressing, but a work horse blade for years now.
July 03, 2018, 11:42 PM
dozer
Stay tuned. Pics to come.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

July 04, 2018, 07:18 AM
sybo
Saweeeeeet!! I dig some file knives!!
July 04, 2018, 08:52 PM
fvyellowbird
Nice to see you found some more files to work with! Love the one you made for me.

Hell, is other people! J-P S
July 04, 2018, 11:08 PM
Pale Horse
I have a bunch of knives including a few from Dozer, one of which is my EDC, but when I want to show off a knife I pull out one of the file knives of his that I have. They are by far the coolest knives I own.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
July 05, 2018, 07:58 AM
dozer
I appreciate the kind words, fellas. I hope the large file will make a nice Bowie model.

dozer

July 06, 2018, 01:57 PM
GCE61
I like the lines of that knife so far. Looking forward to an update of the finished product with the wood handle!
July 06, 2018, 07:48 PM
motoboy
^^^^^^
Me too !

So for those in the know. I have heard that folks look for the German made files, but why are they sought after? Just a "better" German thing??? I am trying to learn more about different steels.
July 08, 2018, 12:12 AM
burnetma
Looks like a winner!
July 08, 2018, 03:18 PM
dozer
well, i have this one polished and etched. it is ready for the handle now. i think this bloodwood will look very nice on this design.

dozer

July 08, 2018, 06:19 PM
ElToro
Nice ! How much will it cost me ?
July 08, 2018, 06:50 PM
dozer
If you are interested, just shoot me an email at liontribedesigns@gmail.com. My file knives are generally cheaper than most because you don't have the cost of new steel bar stock.

dozer

July 08, 2018, 08:55 PM
flesheatingvirus
I’m kind of liking the no grip look. Makes for a slim boot knife. It would look neat like that with a double edge. I’d have to throw it if I got one. Smile

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
July 17, 2018, 05:36 PM
dozer
i may make one with no handle when i get the chance, that sounds like a good idea. here is the finished product as of today. just have to sharpen and sign it.

dozer

July 17, 2018, 05:53 PM
phxtoad
Simply Elegant!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"
July 18, 2018, 02:59 PM
jandersd
Beautiful lines!

---