SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Training Knives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Training Knives Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Anyone have a favorite training knife? I'm ordering a couple of these for use in my new Kali class. Needed a special order from the Philippines.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Anyone have a favorite training knife? I'm ordering a couple of these for use in my new Kali class. Needed a special order from the Philippines.

That looks pretty nice. Is there a web link?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yep. Smoking Sticks They'll email you a pricelist on request (or you can just ask me).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
They have a pretty good selection. Thanks for the post!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Nok Knives

Little strange the first time you order something from Thailand. Big Grin Buy with confidence. Only trainers I use now.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What style do you practice, Brad?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
This just in. Ronin Gear Spring Assist 4" Practice folder. Very solid! $28.50.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
What style do you practice, Brad?

No style really. I mostly train multi disciplinary jits in a weapons based environment. Small knives, carried on the centerline.

I really like Nok knives although I have a trainer for my Griptillian, a HAK trainer and a small TDI knife trainer. Those are what I carry pretty much every day. I change out the TDI knife for a Ban Tang Clinch Pick or a Spyderco Reverse with custom scales which really shorten up the Reverse.

How do you carry your folders? Front or back of the pocket, tip up or down? Folders are really tough to deploy especially when entangled.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Tip down. Usually have a CRKT M16 in my Maxpedition pack. If I'm pants-carrying, then usually in a back pocket where I have a specially-sewn covered knife pouch. I suppose though if I knew for a fact I was going to rumble, I might switch to front pocket. I don't like front pocket carry all the time because there's no flap and it's too easy to lose knives. The back pocket has a flap, but it's much slower to deploy from there.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The new trainers are here!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."