SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Blade Design!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Blade Design!! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
https://imgur.com/a/insFCUB

This is a new blade design I’ve come up with! I am starting to lean towards smaller designs. This is 1/8” thick, 4” blade, 8 3/4” overall in AMAZING CPMS35VN! Holds an edge for DAYS!!!!! Finishes out beautifully! I think some really grippy Canvas Micarta is in order for the scales! Opinions from my Sigforum family!!
Hope to share ANOTHER design later today!
About CPMS35VN Steel
CPM S35VN was designed to be the perfect blend of stain resistance, toughness, edge stability and edge holding. It is like their earlier CPM S30v but they have re-balanced its elemental make up and added Niobium carbides along with vanadium and chromium carbides for added grain refinement, strength and toughness. CPM S35VN is about 15-20% tougher than S30V without any loss in wear resistance. It is also tougher than most other stainless alloys that are used in knife making. Because both vanadium and niobium carbides are harder and more effective than chromium carbides in providing wear resistance, the CPM stainless blade steels offer improved edge retention over conventional high chromium steels such as 440C and D2.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That's very nice. I really like the blade shape. Size looks just about perfect, too.

One of these days...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post