SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Benchmade EDC folder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Benchmade EDC folder Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted
Hi all,

I thought I'd share a picture of my new EDC knife- Benchmade Nakamura 485-1. Carbon fiber grip, S90 steel for the blade. This is my first Benchmade, and the first folder that I ever spent more than $125 on, but I certainly feel the quality that I got for the money.

I like deeper carry than this clip provides, so I ordered an aftermarket deep carry clip in a blue that (hopefully) matches its blue accents.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Congrats. That's a great looking blade. Love the Axis lock, and the S90V blade steel is one I definitely want to add to my collection.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THAT is a great looking knife !

I dig it.

And thanks for posting the pics. Another one to check out further.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome knife. I have the standard version but that one is beautiful.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Carbon fiber and S90V is a good way to start.

I'd be curious of your impressions when you get around to sharpening it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That's HANDSOME!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gascan
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice! After fondling one, I've added it to my wish list.

Posts: 135 | Location: Sunny St. Pete | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That certainly looks nice.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't usually love carbon fiber clad knives, but this one has always just called to me. I need to add it to the collection. It looks to be the perfect gent's folder to me.

Posts: 248 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is very nice!
Congrats on your purchase.

Posts: 371 | Location: Lancaster,PA | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! That's on my short list of knives I NEED to buy.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at them, the g10 and the carbon version. The g10 has significantly larger grooves in the handle. The carbon is way more comfortable. The down side is that I like the looks of the silver liner of the g10 and the overal feel of the carbon. So they dont make the version I would like and i dont want to buy both to make it.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post