SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Pointy-Stabby arrived, my first Karambit...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Pointy-Stabby arrived, my first Karambit... Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Been thinking about getting a Karambit for awhile, honestly just because they are wicked awesome looking.

Finally decided on the CRKT "PROVOKE" for the unique design and it arrived Friday. Honestly surprised I haven't cut myself yet playing with it.

Figured I better take some pics before it is all covered with blood...

Here a short YouTube vid with the designer showing and explaining the blade...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrrEoJakYg

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Honestly surprised I haven't cut myself yet playing with it.

Well then, you're not playing with it enough. That beauty needs to be played with. Smile

To split hairs, more rippy/slashy than stabby.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Saw you're posting on POTN, too. I'm not a fan of the Karambit but then again I never got in Balisongs. You posted your Launch 8 over there, I'd posted mine there a few months back, I picked up an Orange one, really like it.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Very interesting concept... I looked into it, but quality seems to be somewhat iffy based on the reviews I've read, which is concerning considering it's a $200+ knife that's relatively mechanically complex.

I might pick one up eventually, once they've worked the kinks out of the design and the manufacturing/quality control process.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Very interesting concept... I looked into it, but quality seems to be somewhat iffy based on the reviews I've read, which is concerning considering it's a $200+ knife that's relatively mechanically complex.

I might pick one up eventually, once they've worked the kinks out of the design and the manufacturing/quality control process.

For that kind of money you are closing in on a Emerson Karambit. Only knife I've ever seen that terrified me. Buddy of mine from my dojo has one and was playing with the trainer. He could have the trainer all the way up me before I could even flinch or react. Scary fast.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Saw you're posting on POTN, too. I'm not a fan of the Karambit but then again I never got in Balisongs. You posted your Launch 8 over there, I'd posted mine there a few months back, I picked up an Orange one, really like it.

Yes, POTN and SF are pretty much the only places I spend time.

Launch 8 is just a sexy looking stiletto to me so decided to grab one and always a fan of CF. Price was right, doubt I’ll ever do much with it but open the mail.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Hmm, I hadn’t heard of any issues with it, but then I didn’t really look too hard before deciding. I had $35 in rewards at Knivesshipfree.com so it was $164.

The design is what drew me to it. Very unique as far as karambits go instead of basic fixed or folder options. It really isn’t that complex and definitely has a stout build to it.

quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

For that kind of money you are closing in on a Emerson Karambit. Only knife I've ever seen that terrified me. Buddy of mine from my dojo has one and was playing with the trainer. He could have the trainer all the way up me before I could even flinch or react. Scary fast.

About $100 less than the Emerson, and like I said above, I like the design. Something different than your “regular” folder. Don’t expect I will carry it much if at all, but is nice “fidget spinner” to play with.

Not as impressive of a deployment as a folder maybe but a quick stroke of your thumb and the business end locks solidly in place going from standby to ready.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is neat. Not a karambit fan but I do l8ke neat designs which that has in spades. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Joerg Sprave tweaks the Provoke --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Ga7TTk02

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post