SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Microtech brothers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microtech brothers Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
I got a Microtech Dirac. That is the one on top, with the button on the side. I had the UTX85 previously. The Dirac is a little smaller than the UTX85, but carries even smaller - it is just trimmer. The clip is smaller on the Dirac, which helps it feel less bulky.

Both have blades just a little under 3". As usual, the quality of Microtech is stellar. The Dirac may have a slightly even more solid feel than the UTX85, and definitely requires less effort to fire and retract.

I wanted one that wasn't black, but Microtech isn't making Diracs at the moment, and the only ones that anyone has in stock are black, except for some of the semi-customs.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very nice sir. Buddy of mine has a Dirac, I got the utx-85. I do like his alot as well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post