SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Just met Jason Knight and Daniel Winkler
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just met Jason Knight and Daniel Winkler Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
Both were in my store today buying dog food. Mr. Winkler has been a customer for a while but I have never met him.

I got to shake theirs hands, which were massive and hard as a rock. :+) They couldn't have been more gracious.

It was a thrill for me.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Both Dan and his wife are outstanding people. I'm so glad you got to meet them!

I always have a couple of his tools with me wherever I go.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nice. I met Mr Winkler at Blade as well as a few others. Another really nice guy I've met several times is Ryan M Johnson. One of the best parts of Blade show is meeting the makers. Cool experience.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I've known Dan for years. He built me a custom camp knife many years ago. Karen does great sheaths.

Jason is also a friend but we've never met. I have three of his pieces.

Two great knifemakers and good people.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post