SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What is your favorite folder?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite folder? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I love my mini Emerson CQC7 and A-100, I love my small Sebenza.

However, I carry a Spyderco Techno now. Built like a brick shit house.

I have looked at, but not yet taken any classes for knife self-defense.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Hinderer 3 1/3" XM-18

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Nice XM Iron Butt. I have one as well, Rick's work is exceptional. Need to get the ZT version so I can feel less guilty about the possibility of losing my Hinderer.

P220, Greg Ellifritz of Active Response Training does a great defensive knife class stand alone or teaches the same at TDI, both of which are probably close to you. Love TDI but their cost is getting a tad high.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Favorite ever. Shirogorov 95T

But I don't reall like carrying knives that expensive so now my EDC is a ZT 0562cf.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Nice XM Iron Butt. I have one as well, Rick's work is exceptional. Need to get the ZT version so I can feel less guilty about the possibility of losing my Hinderer.

P220, Greg Ellifritz of Active Response Training does a great defensive knife class stand alone or teaches the same at TDI, both of which are probably close to you. Love TDI but their cost is getting a tad high.

Thanks. I've had a ZT 0562, which is a Hinderer collaboration, for about 3-4 years & thought it was time to get the real thing. The 0562 is an excellent flipper. The Hinderer flips easily enough, but is more of a hydraulic action as opposed to the way the ZT flies open.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Benchmade 710. I have a regular rotation of edc knives, but the 710-1401 with CF scales gets most of the pocket time.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My favorite for the past 20+ years is a custom folder I had made by Wil Stegner

• Wil Stegner FL Model
• Frame: 6AL4V Titanium
• Blade: Devon Thomas "Raindrop" Stainless Damascus
• Scales: 40,000 year old Mastodon Ivory
• 3” blade length
• 7: OAL open

Posts: 4021 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I rotate a lot, my fave is the Spyderco Stretch (either VG-10 or Super Blue variety). It's the sweet spot between the Delica and Endura and a great fit for the hand (mine, at least).
Runner up is either the BM 940 (no "-" version) or BM 4300 CLA (Composite Lite Auto).

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emerson Commander....It just works

Posts: 384 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

• Wil Stegner FL Model

That Sir is a work of art. Incredible piece you have there.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad. I met Wil over 30 years ago at a WA gun show where he had a trade table. Not only is he a very talented knifesmith but one of the nicest persons I have met in my (almost) 70 years. I even contacted him, after I moved to AZ, to see if he would convert my knife to an auto. He said he was legally prevented from doing that from where he lives to a knife that was out of (his) state.
Rats.

Posts: 4021 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mini-griptillian. I have had about 15 years. Every time I think I have lost it, it pops back up.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
Benchmade 940 is a great EDC knife

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Most days I have a Kershaw Blackout. That's been my standard folder for going on 10 years now.

Occasionally I carry a Kershaw Leek instead, if I want smaller and lighter. I have one with thin polished G10 scales, it's sharp as hell, pretty and inconspicuous.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
PM2...carried it daily for 3.5 years so far. Love it.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emerson Combat Karambit since 2003 for all purposes but after a recent spa treatment just for SD applications now. For regular knife duties, I favor either the ZT 0450CF or 0900 (sometimes carry both).

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emerson roadhouse, tan scales, in the flight suit. A zero-tolerance/emerson combo in the pants pocket, and an Emerson gentleman jim in both.

Also a kershaw selectfire for the screwdriver, and a victrinox huntsman because everyone should have a swiss army knife.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My Case Trapper is my favorite knife. I refuse to carry it any more because I'm afraid I'll lose it. My grandpa gave it to me back when I was in high school, and I carried it for years. I lost it about ten years ago, and when I found it in a box I just put it up.

I carry a Benchmade Mini-Grip or a Spyderco Delica now most of the time.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying a Emerson EDC-2 for the past two years and I can't imagine ever carrying anything else again.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greybeard9:
That is a nice looking knife, countryboy.

Thank you! I have had it for a couple of years now and really like it.

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post