SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Show us your most recent traditional acquisitions.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show us your most recent traditional acquisitions..... Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
What's your newest traditional style knife? Fixed or folding

I'll start it off

Case medium stag stockman

Case slimline trapper, 40-64 era

Frank Buster stockman, I think it's MOP, not synthetic, any opinions?

screen capture software

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
MOP will sound glassy when tapped with a dental pick.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Well, there's this. Buck 119.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I like the red handles much better than the standard 119!

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've been on a Barlow binge the last year or so. Here's a few of them:

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I just love older Case knives! Love the scales on the 119 also!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I had one of those Case Slimline Trappers in the OP. Been wondering what happened to it. I loved that knife. I might find it yet in a box of stuff from one of my quick, disorganized moves of years past.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'd guess the MOP isn't pearl, but is mother of toilet seat. (Which I love.) It is too swirly for the real thing, I think.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Yep, definitely celluloid now that I compared it to a real MOP knife in the safe

--Riff Raff--

posted Hide Post
Schrade USA 175

Schrade USA 194OT

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
A 15” Bowie/”Toothpick” to go with an office desktop display of Western/SASS stuff.

Glass top desk display case:

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
^^^^
So much like in one photo.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
Been wondering what happened to it. I loved that knife. I might find it yet in a box of stuff from one of my quick, disorganized moves of years past.

Keep looking and keep up hope. My now 46 YO son saved his birthday money when he was 11. Fathers don't complain when their offspring fail to waste the booty. So a little time passed and we went down to Gatlinburg. He had his money along and wanted to walk down to the Acorn (now defunct knife shop). He walked in and went over to the Swiss Army Knife display. He found the one he wanted and could afford. I was good with it.

So time passed and after a few years, we didn't see it any more. So when he was about 24 we were moving and a bunch of his stuff was still in his room. So we summoned him to appear or it was getting tossed. There in his long forgotten box of toy rocket stuff was his knife. So I ask him about it from time to time. He knows where it is and isn't losing it. He has another knife.

In 1986 we were in Moab, UT and taking the Lockhart basin trail. Kind of the definition of the middle of nowhere. Texas Bob was in the lead and all of a sudden he stopped and his passenger jumped out and ran back. There in the middle of the trail was an old folder. Loose as a goose, but still very serviceable. So he gave it to my then 15 year old son. Not a high quality knife, but one that had seen a lot of use over the years. He's only had that one 31 years now.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post

Two flea market finds. An old Kutmaster & an even older Schrade. Both for a whopping $8.

Sorry for the enormous pic. I'm trying to get the hang of Imgur after PB screwed up all my posts.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Super nice old Schrade, I like it

--Riff Raff--