SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Is there a production Benchmade close to their HK AXIS 14715 model?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a production Benchmade close to their HK AXIS 14715 model? Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
Since Benchmade has decided to discontinue their HK, I'm wondering--do they have a production model similar in size, shape and materials to the 14715 model? I'm a big fan of the blade and handle shape, and the G-10 and D2 combo is also a great combo.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Honestly nothing in their current line-up is similar. The HK AXIS is such a great knife. I was hoping they would incorporate it into their regular line up now that they broke ties with HK. Maybe they have, but haven't checked in a while.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Agony. I haven't seen anything like either. That's a pity, because as you said, it's a great knife.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I eventually got a couple more AXIS for safekeeping. I'm up to 5. LOL
I should've done the same thing with the old Snody-designed 14205.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I scrolled through Knife Works Benchmade offerings. They still have several of the HK 14715 models in stock.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post