SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    A Dozier KM-19 (fighter)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Dozier KM-19 (fighter) Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
I have been looking for one of these for a while. Dozier doesn't make too many of his big fighters, and his waiting list is three years long now. This is a variant of the KM-1 Ranger, with a blade like the KM-16 Freedom Fighter. He calls it a KM-19 Improved Ranger. D2 steel, as usual with Dozier. The blade is 6 1/4". The handle is green canvas micarta. It is big, but feels good in the hand, and isn't too heavy.

I am impressed. The colored linings are a nice cosmetic touch, and I didn't know he makes these with a tapered tang, which is super-cool and improves balance.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

A work of functional art.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Very nice! That is simply beautiful.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
I used to have a Freedom Fighter but sold it to a member here.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
There's nice and then there's special nice.
I had to save a pic just to imagine holding it.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
SAweeet!!! Beautiful work there friend!!!!!! LOVE the tapered tang!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Dozier makes great knives, I have a toothpick that I love.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
That is slick, love it. I always mention the Green/Brown Micarta and red liners is my favorite, non natural handle combo. The tapered tang certainly adds to this!!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post