SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    I would like a Benchmade 42.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I would like a Benchmade 42. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Had one years and years ago. Unsure of what happened to it. I did some googling and apparently they are discontinued. Anyone have a idea where I could find a used one? I'm not really into knives, just want it because I saw one recently and missed mine. I did find Chinese knockoffs for $22.00. IIRC, 20 years ago they were $225ish new, unsure of the cost now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
42's are selling for $450ish and higher nowadays.
There are always people selling them.
Check the BKC forum classifieds.
Also check the various benchmade fan sites on facebook.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow. Spendy. Same pricing for well loved ones? I don't need it to be collector quality.

I also saw the newer ones, 62 I think. They go for around $400. Better, worse, same?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Wow. Spendy. Same pricing for well loved ones? I don't need it to be collector quality.

I also saw the newer ones, 62 I think. They go for around $400. Better, worse, same?

For flipping, the 42 is still king. The 62 is too heavy. You may also want to consider a Morpho and add Flytanium scales for a really great bali. Also look at the Replicant.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

For flipping, the 42 is still king. The 62 is too heavy. You may also want to consider a Morpho and add Flytanium scales for a really great bali. Also look at the Replicant.

I looked at the 51 which I think is the morpho with the titanium inserts. The video I saw online says they void the warranty. I want a 42, beat up is looking but good mechanically is fine with me. Is it reasonable for me to hope to find in this condition at $300?

I know squat about knives. Had no idea they were made out of G10 and weigh 3oz. Now a days. I just want another 42 or the most similar thing to it. I also know I want a benchmade.

Damn nostelga.....

Googled BRC forum. Didn't find anything knife related. Is that short for something?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
BKC is the Benchmade forum:
Benchmade Forum

Also check bladeforums.com
Lower priced 42's tend to sell quickly.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I found this listing online. Can anyone tell me what this is? I know it has to be a knock off, but any chance it's a halfway decent knife?

https://www.dhgate.com/product...-9-1b;srp|4275121074

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
DHgate is ok if your trying to get a substitute product to save money. There will be inconsistency in the fit and finish. The materials are not always what they list and the items usually have some degree of "slop" that name bands don't have because they have to protect their branding.

If you want a 42 any thing else wont scratch that itch, especially a knockoff.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have a BM 42 that I have had for years. It's nice and one that I won't ever get rid of.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post