SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    cut yourself with first knife ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cut yourself with first knife ? Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Shit I stabbed myself (literally) with my hundredth-ish knife Frown

Are you the one I saw the story about dropping the knife and trying to catch it midair - resulting in said stab wound ?

I forwarded that story to a few people. Wow. Truly sucks.

I stopped trying to catch stuff when my rotator cuff was torn - hurt like hell when I'd lunge for something while it fell....

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yep that was me. Frown

As I always say “Stupid should hurt” and I stand by that even when I haz the stooopid.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
Picture of MaThGr82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Shit I stabbed myself (literally) with my hundredth-ish knife Frown

That's me! Severed a tendon in my index finger on my left hand resulting in surgery. Opened a water gun in it's packaging at an 8 year olds birthday party about 15 years ago. Confused

Posts: 6302 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Was there plenty of blood ?

That would for sure liven up a birthday party with a bunch of 8 year old boys !!

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
I don’t recall cutting myself with my first knife, but I do remember cutting myself with pretty much everything else at a young age.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I dunno about my first knife. Maybe I did. Maybe not. Don't recall. But I've cut, or at least nicked, myself with probably about half of them I've owned.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Not the first, but the first dual-edge OTF Benchmade. Cutting through some rope super early in morning while setting up smoker and pressed “back” of blade with my thumb. Brand new Benchmade so you can imagine the sharpness.

Yowza.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12398 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted 'No' but only because I did not cut myself with my first knife. However, after over twenty years of carrying a knife I recently cut myself for the first time. It was with a Benchmade that I was using improperly and after disregarding all the commonly accept safety rules. Translation: I was in a hurry and acted carelessly.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1st knife no, but yep been cut to the bone opening a box. 8 stitches later Mad Frown Roll Eyes

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not with my first knife, but, I'm sad to say, with most every one I've had since.

I like to cook and have a number of older (they call them "vintage" when I try to buy one) Chicago Cutlery knives and I have nicked, sliced, poked and stabbed myself many times over the years.

Bob

Posts: 1572 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post