SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    How do you sharpen your knives?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you sharpen your knives? Login/Join 
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Smith Diamond stone course then fine. Gets everything wicked sharp. Even axes.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
This is hands down the best knife sharpening system on the market right now. It's exactly like the edgepro/wicked edge, but the refinement and quality of the system is unsurpassed.

Unlike the other systems, all guess work is removed with this one.

Personally I use the ken onion work sharp. It's just too easy and faster then anything I've ever used before. I suppose any belt system will work, but the worksharp is small and easy for anyone to use, including my 70 year old mother.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
After spending a LOT of money on all kinds of equipment, and a LOT of time, I discovered it’s not my forte.

I found a retired guy the local Williams Sonoma subs to. He’s fantastic, quick, prompt, friendly, personable and only charges $3.00 per knife.

I gladly pay him and spend my time doing something more productive, profitable and enjoyable.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
Smith Diamond stone course then fine. Gets everything wicked sharp. Even axes.

This then finish up with a ceramic rod. I have a machine(Edge Pro) but I just prefer to sharpen by hand.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Wicked Edge for many years now.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I use both Dmt and some other ceramic stones that work with the angle guide from dmt.. I start with the course diamond and work to the 1000 grit ceramic. It gets my bench made very sharp

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I've learned a lot and welcome any additional comments/feedback.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used a lansky system for years now have the work sharp different then pictured here but WOW does a wonderful job, then once you get the edge just a few passes the next time and OMG sharp!

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Send em both to Emerson once a year.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post