SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Slim Chance Variant-Liontribe Designs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slim Chance Variant-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
this is a WIP thread because they are more fun to me. this is one of my last german files that were gifted a couple years back. this one has a super aggressive tooth and is tapered. sooo, i will be grinding and buffing down the toothy file lines and using that taper for the handle area. this one is gonna be interesting, to say the least.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So do you put para cord on the handle?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i haven't decided just yet. i have ideas that are still not fully formed yet. what would your preference be?

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Denim micarta?

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
good suggestion. i was actually thinking about natural or black burlap micarta for this one. here it is today. got the blade rough ground this morning while i waited on some epoxy to dry.

dozer

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I can still envision one of these with a ying/yang style sheath. Making the sheath out of scale materials with sheath being smooth while blade handle has your textured style grip. I just haven't figured out how to hold sheath halves together unless both sheath and handle were slightly large to allow pins on edge of sheath.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
that sounds pretty interesting. i need to start branching out with different sheath designs. never say never.

dozer

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Blackened blade and etched copper scales.

Smile

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
now that is interesting. haven't done much copper in a while. now i have some things to consider.

dozer

Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
I think the natural or black burlap micarta would be awesome on this. Nice knife!

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i am making a couple of these for custom orders so i thought i might as well do a couple just to sell. i have always liked the the simple, clean lines of this model.

dozer

Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
A really dark blue or indigo grip panels would look good too, in my opinion.

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
that is a good look, too. i haven't seen anything in that color for a while. might have to look into what is available.

dozer

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoobaru:
A really dark blue or indigo grip panels would look good too, in my opinion.
Love the blue colors.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
yeah, i love blue and orange accents on knives and guns.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
blade all cleaned up and polished now. about to get etched and fit for a handle.

dozer

Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
What a work of art!

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i like the look of this one a lot.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this one is done now. i added orange G10 and plenty of thumb jimping per the customer's request. he wanted something very unique for him. this thing is so awesome. i want it for myself, actually. i am going to have to find some more of these files soon. finishing the sheath now.

dozer

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Oh snap! That is awesome!!