SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    A gift knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A gift knife Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
A cyber-friend of mine retired recently and is just getting into knife-making.

I built a 2x72 belt grinder for him and as a Thank You, he sent me this knife and sheath:

He bought the blade blank as he's just getting started and not up to speed on forging yet (much less Damascus work) but did all the grinding and shaping and built the handle out of a black walnut burl.

He also made the sheath from scratch.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Nice knife and sheath.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice work!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice. Make sure to send him a penny.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice work. I'd say he's off to a good start.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a nice way to start.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
That was very nice of him!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
COOL!!!! Throw some sparks and have some fun!! If he has questions, have him PM me!!⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Nice knife, filing and sheath

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one to hang on to for sure.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post