SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Microtech OTF knives
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microtech OTF knives Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Boba Fett ultratech and it is awesome! Great action and hand distressed battle worn look like Boba Fett's armor. Love me some Microtechs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LincolnSixEcho,

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
^^^ links not working.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Sorry try again I'm still working on understanding flickr as I had to get a new host after photobucket became a mess. Tried to amend settings but still does not seem to work. Anyone knows about how to set it up I'm all ears.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about buying my first OTF/Microtech. Anyone on here buy from their LEO/Military program? If so, how do you like the blade style and performance? Thanks.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would stick with a company with a better customer service reputation. OTF knives are subject to warranty claims constantly and you don't want to have to deal with a company where it could disappear for months at a time.

Benchmade
Hogue
Heretic

All are companies making OTF knives of high quality, in the USA, with good customer service.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I'm thinking about buying my first OTF/Microtech. Anyone on here buy from their LEO/Military program? If so, how do you like the blade style and performance? Thanks.

Their LE program is limited to one style knife. I beleive it is the Ultratech with a Single Edge blade possibly the Tanto. The Benchmade LE Program is MUCH better when it comes to prices and options.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
If the reports on the groups/forums are accurate, Microtech Customer Service has greatly improved. That was one of my reasons for not buying one previously- now I own 3 and have a 4th on the way. I had the Benchmade Infidel and sold it to fund the Microtech Combat Troodon. It's like going from a Corvette to a Ferrari.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. I love Benchmade, it makes up most of my collection. I decided to give Microtech a chance and hopefully it will arrive in a week or so. I was trying to decide between them and the new Benchmade Precipice which I really like. So, I think I will order that one in January and get both!

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Benchmades are great knives, but when it comes to OTF- nothing beats a Microtech. I sold my Infidel to get my Combat Troodon and don't regret it for one second.

posted Hide Post
Bought an Ultratech last month and really like it. Incredibly sharp (though the LUDT that just came in yesterday seems sharper- both M390 steel). Trying to work up the nerve to make it an EDC knife. Just seems too nice to use like that but at the same time it's just such a good feeling knife I can't let it sit.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10-x where did you find microtech for under 200 delivered? Best I can find is in the 230-250 range?

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Where is the best dealer to use online? I found Southern Edges, they have a fair amount in stock at decent prices. I’d like to find a couple of others though. I’m looking for an Ultratech or UTX 85

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Where is the best dealer to use online? I found Southern Edges, they have a fair amount in stock at decent prices. I’d like to find a couple of others though. I’m looking for an Ultratech or UTX 85

Google Hollow Grind based in Florida. Apparently he is a very well regarded Microtech dealer on the forums. On a side note, my Ultratech came on Monday and it is stunning. It is very well made and rock solid.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^ thanks!

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine came from Blade HQ. Legit dealer in Utah. Fast, free shipping. Ordered my last one Thursday night and delivered Monday.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I just put some money down on an Ultratech from Southern Edges. They ended up having what I wanted and could not have been more helpful. I highly recommend them.

Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:

What is the model on the left?

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
The OD Green is the UTX-85

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
The OD Green is the UTX-85

Since a Benchmade Phaeton was not available, started looking at Microtech and the UTX-85 looks like a very good choice. Found a good price at KnifeCenter, but they are out of stock. Prolly all for the best Wink should wait a little bit. . . Christmas is coming and all that Big Grin

How do you like carrying it, please ?

It sure looks nice !

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I've got a micro tech. I've carried it a couple of times. The spring is too weak to reliably deploy the blade. Not real happy considering what I paid for it.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post