SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Tops H.O.G.

Moderators: parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tops H.O.G. Login/Join 
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted
I saw these knives when they first came out and was disappointed to find out TOPS makes knives in small batches and the current batch of these knives was sold out. I looked at their similar knives and never pulled the trigger. My reasoning is I have a few (5) morakniv's and they are a good alternative. People who know knives can use this time to chuckle at this comment, as it is like comparing a Barbie power wheel to a Jeep.

The H.O.Gs are available again. Amazon has one click purchasing, so with a click a few days later this thing shows up at my door.

As much as I hate YouTube videos with people talking about how the knife fits in their hand...this knife really fits in your hand. like someone held onto a cube of butter, handing it from person to person until the ideal handle shape came out. In the low light I can index on which side is sharp by feel. This is a brickhouse well made knife. The Morakniv does not even compare (side note due to the thin profile of the mora it would beat the H.O.G. in very delicate cutting) when tested doing the tasks that field knives are mostly used for.

What does everyone else use for a camp knife?

Posts: 8870 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post