SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Hide Away Knives - I lost my back-up.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hide Away Knives - I lost my back-up. Login/Join 
posted
The other day, I stuck my hand inside my bulletproof vest, and low and behold....

IT'S GONE! Mad

Ok, it's the $80 straight (or possibly the tiger claw)knife, nothing fancy, it just works! Again, $80, so "In case I lost it", I wouldn't be as mad as if I lost my $200 knife.

But I still lost the damn thing!!! Mad

I know there's been problems off and on with HideAwayKnife.com
Where are they at now? Are they Good-to-Go or Junior Varsity Shit-show? I don't mind waiting a while (Not a year or two) for their product, and If I order again, I'll probably be getting 3 or so more knives.

Just want to know if anyone here has dealt with them as of late?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't dealt with Hideawayknife.com for a few years, but www.fenixoutfitters.com carries them and I have been happy with their service.

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I've corresponded off and on with the owner. Odd duck. He's gone dark on me for close ot a couple years now.

Ordering via their site is impossible.

I carry a Utility everyday. I'd hate to lose it as it's pretty much unobtainium. Interesting on the Fenixoutfitters lead. Have to check them out.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'll look at Fenix when I get back in a few weeks.

Brad, you're not the first person I've heard that from. A few of my friends in the knife world have said the exact same thing. Nice... but odd.
Meh, I wish he'd figure it out! He's got a great product and a huge market for it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
My wife has an old Hide-Away Utility. It's perfect for her, but not sure they can be had anymore. I've been thrilled by the Spyderco Swick which is a similar but slightly different design.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw an ad in one of the more recent SWAT magazines for colonelblades.com. They look a bit larger than the HAK’s but may be a good option regarding availability. Ka-Bar has some similar designs as well, minus the finger holes. I have no experience with them or affiliation, BTW.

Posts: 169 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post