SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Found a pivoting blade knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a pivoting blade knife Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Whilst taking our morning walk, I found a knife like this one laying on the side of the road.

Never seen anything quite like it.

What is the purpose of the concave blade?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cutting open the gut on a deer, elk. Down the legs, neck so it can be skinned easier.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Cutting open the gut on a deer, elk. Down the legs, neck so it can be skinned easier.

Ah. Thank you.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should state that it is for cutting the skin but not the gut sack. That round nub slides between the two, in theory. I use a fricken 2 dollar boning knife.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, an actual "buck" knife, interesting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post