SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Skinning Knife Shape?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skinning Knife Shape? Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
yeah, i had forgotten about that. i made a couple of them over the years. one went to my pop. he wanted one several years ago. i had forgotten all about that design.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
i agree about the gut hook or whatever they call it these days. those knives pictured were custom orders and that is what the customer wanted. i normally never put them on my personal knives. you gotta give the customer what they want.

dozer

Agree 100%

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, this one is almost done now. i am going to do some filework along the spine and it still has to be sharpened. i made sure this one has a nice, thin edge, but still enough steel to be very durable. the handle is dyed bird's eye maple. i think it fits this one very well.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post