SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What always ends up BACK in your pocket?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What always ends up BACK in your pocket? Login/Join 
Picture of rmc85
posted
I know most of us probably have more knives than we need, but what are one that keep showing up in pocket?

For me it always seems to be a Kershaw that shows back up. I have a franken-Blur that I just love to death. Originally I got a Blur in 2005 and later got a s60v Blur blem (from Kershawguy) and promptly switched out the s60v blade to my original black handle for a unique knife.

I have plenty of knives and this just seems to be one I'm fond of...good size, good steel, reliable, don't mid beating on it, and I grab it for outdoor adventures over some of my more expensive Spyderco, Benchmade, ect.

The top Blur is the one that follows me around.
blur by R C, on Flickr

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I know it is big, but, I just love this knife.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
A Mauser labeled victorinox knife. I know i've had this for over 30 years and carried it daily.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Weekdays it's almost always a black SAK Alox, Hard to beat. Weekends, mostly a Spyderco ZDP-189 Dragonfly.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Kershaw Blur always end up in my back pocket. I normally wear jeans, and for me it is the perfect size. It is also a great knife at a great price point. Not a cheap piece of crap, but not so expensive that i am heart broke should it break or get lost (which hasn't been a problem yet)

Posts: 2222 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
SAK Rambler

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have to agree on the Kershaw Blur.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Kershaw Leek.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
these two always end up back in my normal everyday carry.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ZT350...

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Benchmade 940.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
ZT0801

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Mini-Infidel

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Benchmade Mini-Grip. I'll carry a Leek for awhile but always go back to the Mini-Grip.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Mcusta MC-12D “Tactility” - VG-10 Damascus blade, quince burl scales.

Really easy to get it stupid sharp, and not too scary around the office - even with a 3 5/8” blade.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Spyderco Native 5 ends up in my pocket a lot. Probably the combination of a very useful blade shape, good steel, and light weight.

I've got some from Buck, Kershaw, Cold Steel, and Emerson, but the little Native finds its way into my pocket quite a bit.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Since the whole Benchmade fiasco, I stopped carrying anything with a butterfly logo, and stepped up my Spyderco/CRK/ZT/WE game. But the perfect knife has been sneaking its way into my pocket, the Benchmade Ares. My first and true love.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Add me to the Blur club. As someone else put it, not cheap, but not so expensive that I'd be heartbroken if something happened to it. And I have lost one, damnit.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
My Benchmade Mini Griptillian solidly leads the pack when it comes to getting carried. With an added deep carry clip, it disappears in my pocket.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emerson cqc7

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post